After finalising your assignment, you are ready to schedule a timeslot for your test.
To schedule a test, follow the steps below.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Date and times in the menu on the left.
- Click New timeslot.
- The availability of the test can be set for all students or per group or class. The default option is for All students, click on the drop-down button to change this.
- Fill in the date start time and end time of your test.
- Click Save.
Access to the test
Students can only see and start the test if there is an allocated timeslot. If a timeslot has not yet been allocated, the students won't be able to see the test in the assignments overview.
A time limit can be set for your test. When the start and end time are set at 09:00 and 12:00 respectively and the time limit is set at 120 minutes, the students are able to start the test between 09:00 and 12:00, with a maximum time limit of 120 minutes. The student is not able to submit anymore answers after 12:00 even if the time limit isn't reached yet.
If the student exits the test without clicking submit, the time limit will continue to count down. If the time limit expires, the test will be submitted automatically.
If students are entitled to extra time, it is recommended to create a group for students with the right to extra time. A specific time can be set for this group and a default time can be set for all other students.
lightbulb_outline You have the option to limit the ability to start the test after a certain time. To do this, go to the Taking-page and deselect the Students may start the test option.
error_outline Ans checks two times every hour if the deadline has passed or if the time limit has expired. However, this does not mean that students can submit answers after the deadline as this will automatically trigger the result to be submitted.