After finalising your assignment, you are ready to schedule your assignment.
Follow the steps below to learn how to schedule a test.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Date and times in the menu on the left.
- Click New timeslot.
- The availability of the test can be set for all students or per group or class. The default option is for All students, click on the drop-down button to change this.
- Fill in the date start time and end time of your test.
- Click Save.
- A time limit can be set for your test. When the start and end time are set at 09:00 and 12:00 respectively and the time limit is set at 120 minutes, the students are able to start the test between 09:00 and 12:00, with a maximum time limit of 120 minutes. The test will always be closed at 12:00 even if the time limit isn't reached yet. Students can only view the test within the allocated timeslot.
- If students are entitled to extra time, it is recommended to create a group for students with the right to extra time. A specific time can be set for this group and a default time can be set for all other students.
lightbulb_outline You have the option to limit the ability to start the test after a certain time. To do this, go to the Taking-page and deselect the Students may start the test option.