Ans offers several options to make your digital test more secure.
To see which option are available for your test, follow the steps below.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Accessibility in the menu on the left.
- You will then see the options that are available.
Options to secure a digital test
- Use password
Require students to fill in a password to access the assignment.
- Restricted access to other pages
Students cannot visit other pages within the application while taking the test.
- Restrict assignment access locations
If you require your students to take an exam from a specified location, such as an examination hall at your school, you can enable this option and select one or multiple locations. This means students can only access the test from the specified IP address. Please note, that this option can only be done by administrators.
- Safe Exam Browser
The Safe Exam Browser can be used to prevent a student from accessing anything other than Ans during the test. The student needs to download the Safe Exam Browser on their own laptop, or the institution needs to install the Safe Exam Browser on all devices in an examination hall.
The Proctorio integration records the student during the test as well as recording the student's screen and giving a notification if any other web pages were accessed during the test. Please keep in mind that a license is needed for the Proctorio integration.