error_outline This option can only be done by administrators.
Proctorio partners with Ans to deliver online proctoring services. By enabling the integration with Proctorio, the security of the administration of the test is increased. Proctorio collects information that can be used to prevent and detect possible fraudulent behaviour and follow the fraud procedures of your institution. With online proctoring, you’re able to administer tests in a more secure way anyplace, anywhere.
Proctorio has no live proctors present during the live taking session. The software makes sure that you can execute the invigilation of the test after the administration. This is made possible by the Proctorio extension, which is a Google Chrome extension. Therefore, this is the only browser which can be used when Proctorio is enabled. Proctorio records and stores footage of the taking session. After the taking session, Proctorio creates a gradebook per exam, where the footage can be reviewed. Within the gradebook, suspicious behaviour of the participant is flagged. For example, visiting other websites during a taking session. Proctorio secures your exams in three different ways:
- Verification options
Within Proctorio, you can choose to enable the ID verification. By doing this, participants are asked to show their ID-card before the test starts. After the test, your institution will be able to check all ID-cards within the gradebooks.
- Record options
Proctorio offers the possibility to record four aspects. Both video (webcam) and audio (microphone) can be recorded during the taking session to check suspicious behaviour. The screen can be captured to check the on-screen activity. Suspicious URLs and activity will be flagged. It’s also possible to require a roomscan from each participant before the test begins.
- Lockdown options
The recording and verification options will collect information on fraudulent behaviour of participants. Proctorio also has different options to prevent fraud. Some examples of lockdown options are: forcing participants to use fullscreen mode on their browser, disabling the option to open other browser tabs and preventing participants from downloading anything.
Within Ans, you are able to set the settings per digital test. This allows you to match the security settings with the goal of the test. For example, open book exams may require other security settings compared to closed book exams. Before you can set the settings per digital test, you will first need to enable and set up the integration on your school level.
To set up the Proctorio integration, follow the steps below.
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click settingsSettings in the menu at the top.
- Click Integrations in the menu on the left.
- Click Configure in the Proctorio-section.
- Fill in the Proctorio consumer key, consumer secret and region. You will receive these details from Proctorio.
- Click Configure.
After configuration, the Proctorio integrations menu will appear in the school settings. This is a separate menu option below all other school settings. In the menu, you can set the following information:
- Proctorio expire take: The amount of seconds that the URL of the exam session is valid. The timer starts when a student clicks on Launch Proctorio. If a student needs to retry when the amount of seconds has passed, it will result in an error message. The default value is 18.000.
- Proctorio expire review: The amount of seconds that the URL of the review is valid. The timer start when a user clicks View recording under results. After this period, you will not be able to use the same link to check the footage. The default value is 3.600.
- Allow invigilator access
Allow all users with an invigilator role to gain access to the Proctorio footage from the results menu.
- Allow instructor access
Allow all users with an instructor role to gain access to the Proctorio footage from the results menu.
- Student number in namefield
As Proctorio will not show student ID's, you can choose to send the student ID in the name field, so it will be visible in the Proctorio Gradebook to review students faster.
If necessary, in the danger zone section, there is the option uninstall the Proctorio integration.
Article is closed for comments.