Canon is one of the partners of Ans that supports the print- and scan processes of written assignments. Ans can be integrated with the Canon Exam Service portal. The portal offers an exam workflow system which supports the whole paper-based assessment flow. Within the portal, it is possible to add additional information to the exam such as exam rooms and the number of exams per room. By integrating Canon to an assignment, Canon is able to handle the following processes:
- Printing service
All assignments will be printed according to the specifications (colour of the text, size of paper, etc.). The printing process is extra secured due to the high-stakes of the exam process. The assignments are packed in envelopes which are secured with a seal. Each envelope contains the amount of assignments which is necessary for an exam room.
- Logistical service
Canon can take care of all transport of the assignments. After printing the assignments, all envelopes will be delivered at the exam location. If necessary, extra materials are provided such as scrap paper. After the administration of the exam, all envelopes can be sealed again. Canon will also take care of the logistical process if the assignments need to be scanned back to Ans.
- Scanning service
Canon makes sure all assignments are scanned and uploaded back to Ans. The exam workflow can be continued by the person(s) that will grade the assignments.
After a licence has been acquired for setting up the Canon integration, Ans can support you in setting up the configuration.
To start setting up the configuration, follow the steps below.
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Integrations in the menu on the left.
- Click Configure in the Canon-section.
- Fill in the Canon URL, username and password. These credentials are provided by Canon.
- Click Configure.
In the Ans integration with Canon you will need to connect a written assignment to a Canon case. A case is the equivalent of an assignment. To prevent that users will see all Canon cases when they are connecting an assignment to a case, you can set how to filter the cases visible for selection. Ans provides the following possibilities:
- Filter cases based on course code. If this filter is chosen, Ans will only show the Canon cases with the exact same course code set in both Ans and Canon Exam Service.
- Filter cases based on user email. If this filter is chosen, Ans will only show the Canon cases that are created by the user with the same email address as the user that is using the integration.
To select what filter(s) you would like to use, to adjust the Canon URL or to delete the integration, go to the Canon integration settings by following the steps below.
- Navigate back to the school settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Canon in the menu on the left.
Now that the Canon integration is set up, you can start using it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.