- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Courses in the menu on the left.
- Select the assignment and click Results in the menu on the left.
- Click Set up publication, a pop-up will show you some options:
- Show mark allows the student to see their grade.
- Show letter grade allows the student to see the letter grade belonging to its grade. This option is only shown when letter grades are used. Read here how to use letter grades.
- Show total points allows the students to see the total amount of points they scored.
- Show criteria allows the student to see what each question is graded on by seeing the criteria per question. The criteria will be the numerical value when these are used in the assignment.
- Show grading description allows the student to see the added solution. This means the student can see the exact answer to the questions is provided by the instructor.
- Show questions of the test.
- Show given answers: allows the student to see their exam (or digital test). This gives the student insight into how many points they scored at each question. Also, the comments, markings and other remarks written by the reviewer are visible.
- Show objectives allows the student to see the learning objectives if these are used by the instructor.
- Students can see the average score per objective allows the student to see the average score of all students combined per objective.
- Notify students about the publication will
- The 'availability of the publication' can be set. Choose Directly to publish right after pressing Publish on the bottom of the pop-up or Specific time window to choose the start of the publication. The end date of the publication always needs to be chosen.
- Restricted access can be given by setting a password. This password is necessary for the students to look into their exam. The password can be chosen, but a suggestion is given.
- The 'availability of asking questions' can be set. First, the options of the student can be set:
- The checkbox allows students to ask a question about the published work. When checking this box, students have the right to ask about their work or the way of grading.
- Choose Directly if the students are allowed to ask questions right after pressing Publish on the bottom of the pop-up
- Choose Specific time window if you want to set a time-frame wherein students can ask questions.
Setting the availability of asking questions works the same way as with the availability of the publication. When the work is published, a box can be seen on the Results page, saying that the work has been published. The chosen options, as discussed before, are shown. The publication can be revoked if changes have to be made in the options or if the results should not be published anymore.
Below the list of all marks, the lower bound, average mark and upper bound can be found.
- When you have published the results, students often send messages. Read here how to send and read messages.
- Sometimes it is desired to make a question a bonus question, while this is badly made. Read here how to make a question a bonus question.
- When you want to edit the publication, you can do that by following the steps from this article.