error_outline Only administrators can perform this action
Ans provides the possibility to restrict access to digital tests by adding locations to the test via the test settings. A location contains either an IP-address or an IP range. If a participant wants to start the test and a location has been added to the test, the IP-address of the participant needs to match the allowed IP-addresses or fall within the allowed IP range. The IP-address is continuously checked during the test. Therefore, if a student were to switch it midway, the student would be expelled from the digital test.
Before you can add one or more locations to a test, you first need to create the locations via the Locations menu. To add a new location, follow the steps below.
- Click the domainSchool name in the menu on the left.
- Click settingsSettings in the menu at the top.
- Click Locations in the menu on the left.
- Click New location and fill in an IP-address. If you want to fill in a range, you can use the dash to connect the lowest and the highest value of the IP range.
- Fill in the name of the location. If the beta feature Result log is enabled, the location where the student is taking the digital test will be displayed in the result log.
- Click Create.
The name of the location is visible if you want to add it to a digital test.