Ans supports Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI). LTI integrations can be used to connect your Learning Management System (LMS) with Ans. Ans currently supports LTI 1.3. Within this version of LTI, the following actions can be supported when the integration is made:
- Within your LMS, you can make a connection to a test in Ans. After the students sign in to the LMS and open the test, then the test will be opened in a new tab and students will be redirected to their test in Ans without having to sign in again.
- The results can be sent back to the LMS, after the students have successfully submitted their test in Ans.
If you are ready to start with the Brightspace integration through LTI 1.3, you will need to activate the integration at school level in Ans. You will need to set up the integration both in Ans and Brightspace.
The steps below will take you through this process, which is divided into different sections. First, you will need to prepare the set-up of the integration in Ans.
Prepare the integration in Ans
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Integrations in the menu on the left.
- Click Configure in the Brightspace-section.
A dialogue will open up containing three personal links, which you will need to register the tool in Brightspace in the next section. You can identify the different links by the word they end in: logins, launches or lti/keys. Keep these links handy for the next section. You will need to fill these in the open fields in this pop-up after you are done setting up the integration in Brightspace.
Register Tool in Brightspace
You will need to navigate to your Brightspace environment to register a new tool for the LTI integration with Ans. This needs to be done for every integration, you can create multiple registrations on the same Ans environment as well as on separate environments.
- Sign in to your Brightspace environment.
- Click the settings Settings in the top right of your screen.
- Click Manage Extensibility under Organisation Related.
- Click Register Tool.
- Select Standard and click Register.
- Fill in the information as shown below and click Register.
After clicking on Register, a dialogue opens up with the following information. You can copy this to a notes app for easy access during the rest of the setup. You will need this information to finalise setting up the integration in Ans.
Deploy Tool in Brightspace
Once you have registered your tool, following the steps in the previous section, you will be automatically redirected to the Deployment page in Brightspace. To deploy the tool you have just registered, follow the steps below.
- Click on New deployment
- Select the tool you registered in the previous steps.
- Fill in a preferred name and description, if wanted.
- Select Assignment and Grade Services & Deep Linking.
- Select the Security Settings as shown below.
- Select Open as External Resource under Configuration Settings.
- Click Add Org Units.
- Select the organisation unit. You can filter on: department, organisation, faculty, semester, course template, and course offering.
- Select either This org unit, All descendants or This org unit and all descendants.
- Click Add.
- Click on Create deployment.
A dialogue will open once again, this time the Deployment ID will be shown. You will need this in the following steps.
Finalise the setup in Ans
To finish setting up the integration, follow the steps below.
- Navigate back to the Ans page you opened up in the first steps.
- Fill in the information as shown below.
- Click Activate.
Now the Brightspace integration is set up, you can create a LTI-link for an assignment.