Ans supports Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI). LTI integrations can be used to connect your Learning Management System (LMS) with Ans. Ans currently supports LTI 1.3. Within this version of LTI, the following actions can be supported when the integration is made:
- Within your LMS, you can make a connection to a test in Ans. After the students sign in to the LMS and open the test, then the test will be opened in a new tab and students will be redirected to their test in Ans without having to sign in again.
- The results can be sent back to the LMS, after the students have successfully submitted their test in Ans.
If you are ready to start with the Moodle integration through LTI 1.3, you will need to activate the integration on school level in Ans. You will need to set up the integration both in Ans and Moodle. The steps below will take you through this process, which is divided into different sections. First, you will need to prepare the set-up of the integration in Ans, after which you will need to set up the integration in Moodle. Once you have completed these steps, you are able to configure the integration in Ans as the final step.
Prepare the integration in Ans
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Integrations in the menu on the left
- Click Configure in the Moodle-section.
A pop-up will show up containing three personal links, which you will need to set up the integration in Moodle in the next section. You can identify the different links by the word they end on: logins, launches or lti/keys. Keep these links handy for the next section. You will be filling in the open fields in this pop-up after you are done setting up the integration in Moodle.
Set up the integration in Moodle
- Open a new tab in your browser and sign into Moodle
- Navigate to Site Administration in the menu on the left.
- Click Plugins in the navigation bar.
- Scroll down to Activity modules and select Manage tools.
You will be directed to a new page, where you can start configuring the Ans integration. Click on configure a tool manually to start the process.
Configure the integration in Moodle
- Fill in the information. You can use the screenshots below as a guideline.
- Make sure to select Public key type as Keyset URL.
- It is important to set the Default launch container to New window.
- The settings for Services and Privacy can be found in the bottom screenshot.
Once you have filled out the configuration, you can click Save. You will then be redirected to the 'Manage tools' page, where you will see the new Ans configuration. Now, you are ready to open up the configuration details, which should be copied into Ans. See the image below for where you can find this information.
This will open up a window with the following information. Make sure to have this information ready for the final steps in the configuration, which you will find below.
Setup the integration in Ans
- Navigate back to the Ans page.
- Fill in the information in the pop-up.
- Click on Activate when you have filled in the necessary information.
Once the Moodle integration is set up, you can create a LTI-link for an assignment.