A free formatted question can be used in a written assignment only. It allows you to create your own format for a question, which will not be boxed. The question requires a description and content in the free format section of the question.
How to create a free formatted question
- Create a written assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a title and click Save.
- Click New question, select Free formatted question and click Save.
- Fill in the question description.
- Fill in the page height of the answer field.
- Click the more_vert-icon at the top of the question and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for a free formatted question:
This marks the question as a bonus question.
This question will not be taken into account for the grades of exempt students.
- Start on new page
The question will start on a new page.
How to add a grading scheme to a free formatted question
- Click Grading scheme in the menu at the top.
- Go to the question for which you want to set the criteria.
- Click the more_horiz-icon and click Edit.
- Click the drop-down button Grading method and choose your method (Read more about Grading methods here)
- Click the more_vert-icon and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for grading:
- Grading description
A solution for the reviewers (and for students when published). The grading description can be an extensive elaboration, an image, or a file.
- Start with zero points (For the points-grading method only)
Select this option to allow all students to start with zero points before grading.
- Limit minimum to zero points (For the points-grading method only)
Select this option to allow all students to receive no negative points for this question.
- Limit maximum to total points (For the points-grading method only)
Select this option to allow all students to receive a maximum amount of points of the total amount of points for this question.