Note: This type of question is only available for handwritten assignments and digital tests.
With a multiple-choice question, you can offer the student multiple possible answers. Multiple-choice questions can either allow one good answer or multiple good answers.
How to create a multiple-choice question
- Sign in to Ans.
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click Add exercise and give the exercise a title.
- Click Add question and select Multiple choice.
- Click Add choice and set all the choices.
- Set the point per question, choose for One correct answer or Multiple correct answers and click Save.
- There are three extra options:
- Shuffle choices: This option will shuffle the choices.
- Sort answers: This option will sort the choices in alphabetical-order.
- Negative points: If the option Multiple correct answers has been chosen, it is often desirable that if an incorrect answer is chosen, points are deducted. This is possible by selecting the option Negative points. Correct answers can be graded with for example 1 point and incorrect answers with -1 point. When a student selects al the options, this will result in a total score of 0 points.