lightbulb_outline This question type can be used in a digital test only.
The match question allows participants to pair up related items or concepts. This question type consists of two or more columns and rows. In most cases, the columns contain premises (the subjects or items under consideration) and the rows contain the responses (the available options for selection). Each item in the column is paired with at least one item in the row. Participants will need to couple the rows to the appropriate columns.
When creating a match question, you can choose between two layout options: Matrix or Drag and drop.
Create a match question
To create a match question, follow the steps below.
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click on label_important Courses in the menu at the top.
- Click on your course or use the search bar.
- Click on your assignment or create a new assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a name and click Save.
- Click New question and select Match.
- Formulate the question in the question content field.
- Fill in the number of points the question is worth.
- Click the dropdown menu Correct choices* and select One or Multiple.
- Click the dropdown menu Match layout* and choose Matrix or Drag and drop.
- Click Add rows and next click the create-icon in the new row. Fill in the answer option or upload an image by clicking the photo_size_select_actual-icon in the text editor. Repeat this for all rows.
- Click Add columns and next click the create-icon in the new column. Fill in the answer option or upload an image by clicking the photo_size_select_actual-icon in the text editor. Repeat this for all columns.
- Click the more_vert-icon for more options.
- Click Save.
The screenshot below shows what the match question will look like when the match layout type selected is Drag and drop.