When creating a written assignment, you might want to edit the layout of your written assignment. It is possible to edit the information from the cover page and from the exercises.
To edit the layout of your written assignment, follow the steps below.
- Click domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click label_important Courses in the menu at the top.
- Select your course or use the search bar.
- Select your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click the dropdown menu Customise layout in the preview section and click format_shapes Edit layout.
- Check the preferred options.
- Click the dropdown menu Add enumeration and select the enumeration type you would like to use.
- Click Update.
Edit layout options
With the following options, you can edit the layout of your written assignment. Keep in mind that these options are greyed out after forms are generated. Delete the generated forms if you want to make changes to the layout. The language of the cover sheet depends on the language set at school level.
- Ask for student's name
This option asks for the students to fill in their name on the cover page.
- Exercise box
If the exercise box is enabled, an overview of the number of exercises that are in the assignment is visually presented on the cover page.
- Show the date and time on the cover
The date and the time of the timeslot will be presented on the cover page underneath the course name and assignment name. To show the date and the time on the cover, you will first need to schedule the assignment.
- Show multiple choice instructions
Students will be shown instructions on how to give answer to multiple choice and multiple response questions. The instructions for the multiple response questions will only be added to the cover page when the assignment holds multiple response questions
- Keep the second page empty
The second page of the written assignment will be left blank.
- Display the exercise name
If 'Display the exercise name' is enabled, the exercise names will be displayed in the assignment. If this option is disabled, students will only see the exercise numbers.
- Display the number of points for each question
This option is used to either hide or display the number of points the students can earn for each question.
- Shuffle the answer alternatives for each question
With this option, the order of the answer alternatives of the multiple choice questions will be shuffled. This option will not shuffle the order of the multiple choice questions.
To avoid confusion when creating and editing a written assignment, we do not shuffle the answer options in preview mode. When generating the written assignments, the answer options will be shuffled.
- Display all alternatives vertically
When this option is enabled, the answer alternatives of the multiple choice questions are stacked vertically. If this option is disabled, the alternatives are displayed horizontally. This option works for written assignments only.
error_outline For written assignments, the position of an image will always be on the left-hand side of the page. It is not possible to change the position to the centre or the right side of the page.