Our release cycle consists of three stages carried out over a three week period. This includes testing on our development/staging environment, releasing a preview on our acceptance environment and finally, releasing on our production environment. The releases contain new features, beta features, improvements and bug fixes which you will find in the changelog.
1. Development/staging environment
- Our technical use this environment to test new features and to test if reported issues have been fixed.
- Updated several times per day when new development is added to the release.
2. Acceptance environment
- To prepare our users as to what they can expect from the new release, we aim to first deploy the release on our acceptance environment (acc.ans.app), one week in advance. This will give our users the chance to preview the new release.
- For institutions within the Netherlands, the easiest way to gain access to the acceptance environment is to connect your institution with SURFconext. The application manager of SURFconext within your institution can help you to set this up.
- If your institution is outside of the Netherlands, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then create an account for you on the acceptance environment.
3. Production environment
- This is our final release phase. All updates and fixes will be reflected for everyone on ans.app
- We always release on the production environment on weekends.
Some important things to note
- All documentation on https://support.ans.app will reflect the production environment and not the acceptance environment.
- Small bugs are fixed in between releases. By doing this, we can continue to swiftly solve small problems.
- Any issues between or after a release can be reported to email@example.com.