The following article is to inform you of feature updates, user interface changes and bug fixes of the latest release on our production environment (ans.app).
Features and improvements
Added support for DocReader in attachments when using the Readspeaker integration
Summary:We added support for DocReader, which is an additional module of Readspeaker.
Benefits: Participants with accessibility needs are able to read attachments which are uploaded to a digital test using DocReader in addition to the regular Readspeaker functionalities.
Additional information: For this functionality to work, your institution must have a Readspeaker DocReader licence and an active Readspeaker integration in Ans. An administrator of your school must whitelist our objectstore URL in their Readspeaker dashboard, which is: https://docreader.readspeaker.com/.
If you are using Readspeaker in combination with a lockdown browser, such as Schoolyear or Safe Exam Browser, no additional URLs need to be whitelisted in your lockdown browser. The current list in this article is still accurate and up to date.
The LTI 1.3 has been released to the open beta
Summary: The LTI 1.3 integrations are now available in the open beta. In the near future, this will replace the current LTI integrations which are built on version LTI 1.2. IMS Global will not support this version in the future. You can find more information about the deprecation schedule of LTI here.
Additional information: Currently, the LMS platforms Canvas, Brightspace, Blackboard and Moodle are supported. All support articles on how to enable the LTI 1.3 integration and how to create an LTI 1.3 link for your assignments will be published to our help center when the release is deployed on the production environment on the 25th of September 2022. The deprecation date of the LTI 1.2 will be announced in the next pre release.
Added fraction support to the code editor
Summary: The Python fractions library can now be imported in the code editor and created variables can be used in questions.
Benefits: All benefits of the Python fractions library are documented in the documentation of Python: https://docs.python.org/3/library/fractions.html.
Added the user object to the webhook
Summary: The webhook now also supports user objects.
Benefits: It is now possible to create a webhook for users, which allows for updates to be received in real time for changes made to users, and see which changes have been made. Just like for other supported webhook attributes, the create, update and delete events are supported.
Updated styling of filters
Summary: We have slightly updated the styling of filters in several places within the platform including question banks, courses and results.
Benefits: It is easier to distinguish different states of the filters. The colours also follow the Ans palette more closely.
Changed 'Random' & 'Fixed' assignment types to 'Fixed selection' & 'Randomised per participant'
Summary: We've elaborated the description of assignment types when generating a question bank assignment.
Benefits: This updated wording better describes the difference between the assignment types.
Removed the step required to edit the ReadSpeaker integration settings within a digital test
Summary: The 'edit' button in the Readspeaker integration settings within the digital test has been removed.
Benefits: You can now toggle the Readspeaker settings directly, without first clicking the 'edit' button. This removes an extra step in the process of setting up the integration.
Summary: We have made some improvements to the API. This includes:
- All user attributes in API V2 are returned even if their value is blank. Previously, attributes such as role_id are not sent if it is empty. Now, all fields specified in the documentation are sent even if they are empty.
- Added the option to manage the Ouriginal integration via the API.
- Fixed an issue in a written assignment where the preview did not refresh after changing the order of questions in an exercise.
- Fixed an issue where the view would not be updated after deleting an unrecognised scan.
- Fixed an issue where the preview would jump ahead/backwards after reloading.
- Added support for using Fraction when using the code editor.
- Fixed an issue in written assignments where the preview would not work if a video or audio description was used.
- Fixed an issue where "Exam is not published" would show up when reviewing a multiple choice question.
- Fixed an issue where a warning was displayed in Dutch when the users language is set to English.
- Fixed an issue where points of a multiple choice question would not be imported correctly when making use of QTI.
- Fixed issues where changing the grading method in a hand-in assignment results in the access denied page and the review options tab disappearing.