By viewing the rank correlation insights of an assignment, you can see if the question correlates well compared to the whole assignment.
To view insights into the rank correlation, follow the steps below.
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click on label_importantCourses in the menu at the top.
- Click on your course or use the search bar.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click analytics Insights in the menu at the top.
- Click Rank correlation in the menu on the left.
How we determine the rank correlation
For the rank correlation we sort participants of the assignment by their final mark and divide them into 5 groups. We then show the average score of each group for that specific question.
If the line in the graph is roughly horizontal, it means that the question was answered just as well by the overall higher scoring participants as by the overall lower scoring participants.
If the line is more ascending, it means that the overall higher scoring participants answered this question better than the overall lower scoring participants, as you would expect for most questions.
- Normalised average score
The normalised average score for each participant is divided by the maximum score/number of points for the question.
- Quintile group
For the quintile groups, the participants are ordered by their final mark and divided into 5 groups. You will see the average score for each group for this specific question.