error_outline Read more about the beta features and closed beta here.
You will first need to enable this closed beta feature by contacting our support team.
If you are ready to start with the Moodle integration through LTI 1.3, you will need to activate the integration on school level in Ans. You will need to set up the integration both in Ans and Moodle. The steps below will take you through this process, which is divided into different sections. First you will need to prepare the set-up of the integration in Ans, after which you will need to set up the integration in Moodle. Once you have completed these steps, you are able to configure the integration in Ans as a final step.
Prepare the integration in Ans
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Integrations in the menu on the left
- Click the dropdown menu Configure in the Moodle-section and choose 'LTI Advantage'
A pop-up will show up containing 3 personal links, which you will need to set up the integration in Moodle in the next section. You can identify the different links by the word they end on: logins, launches or lti/keys. Keep these links handy for the next section. You will be filling in the open fields in this pop-up after you are done setting up the integration in Moodle.
Set up the integration in Moodle
- Open a new tab in your browser and sign into Moodle
- Navigate to Site Administration in the menu on the left
- Click on Plugins in the navigation bar
- Scroll down to Activity Modules and choose 'Manage tools'
A new page shows up, where you can start configuring the Ans integration. Click on 'configure a tool manually to start this process.
Configure the integration in Moodle
- Fill in the information, you can use the screenshots below as a guideline
- Make sure to select Public key type as Keyset URL
- It's important to set the Default launch container to New window
- The settings for Services and Privacy can be found in the bottom screenshot
Once you're done filling out the configuration, you can click on Save. You will then be redirected to the 'Manage tools' page, where you will see the new Ans configuration. Now you are ready to open up the configuration details, which should be copied into Ans. See the image below for where you can find this information.
This will open up a window with the following information. Make sure to have this information ready for the final steps in the configuration, which you will find below.
Setup the integration in Ans
- Go back to the Ans page
- Fill in the information in the pop-up
- Click on Activate when you're done
Now the Moodle integration is set up, you can create a LTI-link for an assignment.