In the previous step, we explained the possible requirements and restrictions for taking your digital test. In this step, you will learn how to take your digital test.
When an assignment is live and you have checked the requirements and restrictions, you may begin with your digital test.
Start your digital test
Go to your digital test and click Start.
Once you have started the digital test, you may want to set your test settings. To do this, click the more_vert-icon in the top right corner and select Settings. You can select the following options:
- Font size: use large font.
- Enable high contrast mode: the digital test will be black with yellow text.
- Show remaining time: show the remaining time for this digital test.
- Notify when 15 minutes are left: receive a notification as soon as you have 15 minutes left for this digital test.
Navigation in the digital test
- Click the arrow_forward-icon to go to the next question.
- Click on the exercise-button (for example 1/1) to go to the overview of all the exercises from the test. Here you can click on a question number to go directly to this specific question.
- Click on the question number (for example 1b) at the bottom to go directly to this specific question.
If your teacher has enabled the following test utilities, you can make use of the live chat, digital notes, spellchecker, calculator and the feedback. It may be that you don't always see these utilities because your teacher has not enabled them.
- Live chat
Find more information about the Live chat utility in Step 5 - Live chat.
- Digital Notes
If this utility is enabled by your teacher, you can make digital notes during the test. These notes will only be visible to you. To make use of the Digital notes utility, you have to click on the sticky_note_2 Notes in the top right corner of your digital test.
If the spellchecker is enabled, you will be able to see red lines underneath spelling errors.
If using a calculator is enabled by your teacher, you can use the built-in calculator during your digital test. This can either be a basic or scientific calculator. You can find the calculator in the top right corner of your digital test if you click on the calculate Calculator.
With the feedback utility, you can receive feedback during the digital test.
Your teacher may have set a certain type of navigation in your digital test. The options are the following:
- One way navigation
With one way navigation, you can only answer questions once. You are not allowed to return to an exercise you have already answered.
- Cannot reopen question groups
After closing a question group, you cannot reopen it again.
error_outline After submitting your test, you are no longer able to change your answers.