error_outline Only administrators can perform this action
The assignment protection rules provide the possibility to disable specific editing actions for an assignment. After adding assignment labels to your school, you can add assignment protection rules to these labels. Assignment protection rules are only applicable to assignments that have labels. Therefore, assignment protection rules can only be used in assignments in your course and not in your question bank.
In the menu of assignment protection rules, you will see an overview of all assignment labels that you have created before. If you do not see any labels, first create assignment labels. Per assignment label, you can select one or more rules that are applicable to the assignments connected to the assignment label. You can use this feature to prevent assignments to be edited or partially edited in a particular stage of the development of the assignment. It can also be used to archive old assignments, so they cannot be edited any longer.
Assignment protection rules can be added to:
- Disable exercise and question changes
- Disable grading scheme changes
- Disable objective changes
- Disable review changes
- Disable grade calculation changes
- Disable result changes
- Disable discussion changes
To add an assignment protection rule to an assignment label, follow the steps below.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Assignment protection rules in the menu on the left.
- Click Edit next to the label you want to add the protection rule to.
- Check the boxes of the options you want to disable.
- Click Save
After editing, you can see how many protection rules were selected for a specific protection rule.
Please sign in to leave a comment.