A helpful way to provide feedback while grading is to leave a comment under the awarded points or to make annotations and add comments to the answer of a student. Making annotations is possible for an open question in a digital test.
How to add a comment to a criterion
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click Review in the menu at the top.
- Click the exercise you want to review. (If the question has already been reviewed, you can click on the drop-down arrow next to Review, then click Review sequential).
- Grade the question accordingly and then click +Comments.
- A text editor will open where you can add your comment.
- Fill in the comment or click Quick comments and select the quick comment you want to use.
- Click Save
How to add annotations
- When an open question is selected for review, you can select text in the answer to annotate it.
- The Annotations-tab will open automatically and a comment can be added.
- Click Save to add the comment or click Back to overview to continue reviewing without adding a comment to the annotation.
- Highlighted text can be deleted by clicking on it in the answer box. The highlight will be selected and you can click on the close-icon that appears at the top-right of the highlight.
Make use of comment suggestions.