After students have taken a test and the results have been published, they have the option to start a discussion.
To review discussions from students, follow the steps below.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click mark_chat_read Review in the menu at the top.
- If a discussion has been started by a student, a message bar will be displayed with the number of messages.
- Click the arrow_drop_down-icon and choose Review discussions.
- Click Discussions in the menu at the top.
- Fill in your reaction and then:
- Save as draft: This function will allow you to save the response as draft (like a concept e-mail) so the response can be altered after reading and responding to all questions so all students will be treated equally. All draft messages can be sent later on in one click all together. This will be shown in point 7 of this article.
- Send: This function will send the response directly to the student. The message cannot be altered later on.
- After sending a reply to a message, the discussion will be closed automatically. A discussion can be closed without responding to the message by clicking Close. Closing a discussion means that both the student as the instructor (you) cannot send messages anymore. A closed discussion can be opened again by the instructor.