When a message has been received, a red dot will appear in the right top of the window on top of the message icon.
How to send and read messages
- Click on the Message-icon on the blue navigation bar where the red dot is shown. Now all messages in your inbox are shown per course.
- Click the bar to find out what the message is about. You will automatically go to the assignment that the message is about.
- Click the Blue message button which says the number of messages that have been received to go through them all. They will be shown sequentially. The grading, as well as the work of the student, will be shown now, including the message of the student. You can respond to the question in the text box above the message of the student. After typing your response, you will have two options:
- Save as draft: This function will allow you to save the response as draft (like a concept e-mail) so the response can be altered after reading and responding to all questions so all students will be treated equally. All draft messages can be sent later on in one click all together. This will be shown in point 7 of this article.
- Send: This function will send the response directly to the student. The message cannot be altered later on.
- After sending a reply to a message, the conversation will be closed automatically. A conversation can also be closed without responding to the message by clicking Close conversation. Closing a conversation means that both the student as the instructor (you) cannot send messages anymore. A closed conversation can be opened again by the instructor.
- Click Next to go to the next message of a student, and repeat this until all messages have been replied.
- To send all draft replies, go back to the review overview by clicking Left arrow-icon or going back to the assignment. The drafts can be viewed and altered by clicking the Purple button. To send all drafts, click the black button Send drafts. Next, click Confirm in the pop-up and all drafts are send and the conversations are all closed.