For mathematical purposes, it might be needed to write equations in Ans. This can be done in questions, content and criteria. The formulas can be written into the Ans platform using LaTeX code but also can also be made using the build-in equation editor. Read here the explanation of the use of LaTeX in Ans.
How to write equations in Ans using the build-in equation editor
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click Add content or Add exercise.
- Click the ∑-icon.
- Use the equation editor, see image below, and type your equation by clicking the special operators and/or by typing numbers, signs or letters.
- Click Insert equation to insert the equation into the question or content block.
- A line of code will be placed in your textbox in between four dollar signs ($$ equation $$). This is supposed to happen.
- Click Save to save the question or content block. You will see the equation being rendered above the text block. Also, the result can be seen in preview in the right part of your screen.
warning Note: It is also possible to write equations in criteria.