lightbulb_outline This question type can be used in a written assignment only.
An image question allows you to upload an image to go along with the question.
Create an image question
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click on label_important Courses in the menu at the top.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or create a new assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a name and click Save.
- Click New question and select Image question.
- Formulate the question in the question box.
- Fill in the amount of points the question is worth.
- Fill in the answer field height.
- Click Upload image to upload your image.
- Fill in the image caption.
- Click the more_vert-icon for more options.
- Click Save.
Options for an image question
This marks the question as a bonus question, which means the number of points awarded with this question will be counted until the maximum amount of points achievable for this assignment is reached. The points of the bonus question aren’t included in the maximum amount of points that can be achieved for the assignment If the student answers the question incorrectly, this won’t be detracted from the number of points and the mark.
- Start on new page
The question will start on a new page.
- Image full page width
The image will display on the entire page.
- Partial scoring
Students will receive points when their answer is partly correct. For example, if the total number of points they can receive for a question is 2 and their answer is 50% correct, they will still receive 1 point. Without this option, they can only receive 0 or the maximum number of points.
Add a grading scheme to an image question
- Click Grading scheme in the menu at the top.
- Go to the question for which you want to set the grading scheme.
- Click the more_horiz-icon and click Edit.
- Click the dropdown menu Grading method* and choose your method (Read more about Grading methods here)
- Click the more_vert-icon for more grading options.
- Click Save.
Options for grading
- Model answer
A solution for the reviewers (and for participants when published). The model answer can be an extensive elaboration, an image, or a file.
- Start with zero points (For the points-per-criteria and rubrics grading method only)
If this option is enabled the marking of this question will always start at zero points and the points will be added up when selecting the criteria. When this option is disabled, the marking will start with the maximum amount of points that can be awarded for this question and selecting the criteria will be subtracted from this maximum. This means that the criteria should be added as minus points of the total amount. The reviewer can then select the criteria if the student didn’t meet this with their answer, so it can be detracted from the total amount of points.
- Limit minimum to zero points (For the points-per-criteria grading method only)
With this option enabled, it’s not possible to go below zero points when selecting the different criteria. It is still possible to manually adjust the number of points to go below zero with the adjustment option during the reviewing.
- Limit maximum to total points (For the points-per-criteria grading method only)
In the grading settings it’s possible to set the maximum amount of points achievable with the question, separate from the points per criteria When this number deviates from the maximum amount achievable by adding up the criteria points, this option will cap the maximum amount of points to this manually set number.