This error will appear when a barcode on a page is uploaded twice. This may happen when an exam is printed twice with the same barcode, when an exam is scanned twice or when the wrong barcode is entered for an unrecognized page.
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Scan in the menu on the left and select the course.
- Click Unknown at the right side of the bar of the assignment. The issue can be solved by selecting the page of the duplicates to find out whether both pages are equal (so it is scanned twice) or if both pages are different (so both pages are written by different students). Use the arrows to the left and to the right of the scanned pages to change the selected page.
- If both pages are the same, one of them can be deleted, this is done by selecting the right page by using the arrows to the left and right of the pages and clicking Delete to the right of the pages. This should be done for all pages in the window.
- If both pages are not equal, check whether the pages (so the barcodes) are correct. If this is not the case, so, for example, one of the pages is page 4 out of 10 and the other is page 5 out of 10, select the page of which the barcode is incorrect and click Edit. In the next window, the barcode can be changed. After changing the barcode and saving, the page will be shifted to the right location automatically. This could solve the duplicate error right away, but it could be that still more pages are duplicates.
- If both barcodes are equal, but the writing in the answer boxes are different, two different students have made an exam with the same barcode. To solve this, select of all pages in the window, the one belonging to the same student. This can be done easily by looking at the filenames of the scanned pages. The filenames have an increasing or decreasing number in them when the pages are scanned in a row (so they were not shuffled). From the filename, it can be found which pages are scanned right after each other. This indicates which pages are of one student, and which of the same. Select for all pages that are of one student, the checkbox in front of the pages. When all the right pages are selected and their checkboxes are checked, click Merge & exit, on top of the window, to indicate that the pages are belonging to one and the same student.
- When you have fixed the upload errors, you can start reviewing the exams.