With a multiple-choice question, you can offer the student multiple possible answers. Multiple-choice questions can either allow one good answer or multiple good answers.
How to create a multiple-choice question
- Sign in to Ans.
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click Add exercise and give the exercise a title.
- Click Add question and select Multiple choice.
- Fill in the question description.
- Set the point per question, choose for One correct answer or Multiple correct answers.
- Click Add choice and set all the choices and click Save.
- There are three extra options:
- Shuffle choices: This option will randomize the order choices.
- Sort answers: This option will sort the choices in alphabetical-order.
- Negative points: If the option Multiple correct answers has been chosen, it is often desirable that if an incorrect answer is chosen, points are deducted. This is possible by selecting the option Negative points. Correct answers can be graded with for example 1 point and incorrect answers with -1 point. When a student selects al the options, this will result in a total score of 0 points.
- It is possible to make use of the product rule to calculate the points for this question.
- Click Options and select Use product rule.
- Select the correct answer options and click Save.
warning Note: This question will be graded automatically and therefore it is not possible to change the score of a specific student. You can only change the points from the question.