Disabling or deleting questions or criteria could also be done if changing a question into a bonus question is not sufficient. This can be done in two ways, by using Analytics and by using Criteria. Both methods will result in reaching the same goal.
Delete criteria using Criteria
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Courses in the menu on the left.
- Select the assignment and click Criteria in the menu on the left.
- Click the question of which criteria needs to be deleted.
- Click Delete of the criteria which need to be deleted.
- In the pop-up that appears, click Yes if you are sure to delete the criteria.
- Change the total amount of points of the question of change the points the other criteria are worth if necessary, so the total points for the subquestion match the total amount of points the criteria are worth.
- Click Save and the marks of the students will be updated automatically.
Disable questions using Analytics
- Go to Analytics in the menu of an assignment.
- Click the tab Exercise analysis in the top bar.
- Go to the question which needs to be turned into a bonus question and click the drop-down button, which says Contributing when the question is a normal question.
- Select Disabled and the change will be saved automatically.
- The marks of the students will be updated automatically.