Instead of using a formula or equation to calculate the marks, a table can be inserted by which marks will be determined.
How to use a table to calculate the marks
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Courses in the menu on the left.
- Select the assignment and click Results in the menu on the left.
- Click Mark calculation, on top of the list of students.
- Click Formula and select Table in the drop-down menu will appear.
- The checkbox Use letter grades can be found in this window. This option allows setting a letter for a certain mark. This means that a mark of 8.0 can be linked to an A, a 6.0 can be linked to a B, et cetera. Checking this box creates a new column in the table that should be filled in with the letters.
- Fill in one row at a time and click Add row to insert a new row.
- It is also possible to import a table using the button Import table. This table should be an Excel- or .CSV-file and should have two columns, one with points and one with the marks. If the option Use letter grades is checked, the file should contain three columns.
- Click Save.
warning Note: When a student gets a number of points in between of two data points from the table, so for example 22,0 points, the grade will be of the data point in the nearest vicinity. A number of points exactly in the middle is rounded of downwards.