When creating a course, a lot of students have to be added, the option exists to invite a list of students at once.
How to invite a list of students to a course
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Courses in the menu on the left and select the course.
- Create a .CSV, .XLS, or .XLSX file that consists of a maximum of 5 columns containing a last name*, middle name*, first name*, e-mail address and a student number. The order of the columns is not important.
- Click Users in the menu on the left and click Import students above the list of students.
- Click Browse for a file and select the file, or drag and drop the file into the pop-up.
- Make sure that all rows consist of data and that there are no headers left. You can remove rows by clicking on the cross at the end of the row.
- Set the headers to the correct fields and check the box Send invitations when all users from the file should be invited to Ans immediately. If you want to do this later on, do not check the box. Now click Import.
- You can see the progress of the importing of students on the list.
- When the students are imported, but not yet invited to Ans, they can be invited later on. This is indicated by light grey name and mail-addresses and the note (not invited), behind the names as can be seen in the image below. You can now either wait until all students should be invited, or send the invitations directly by clicking Send invitations.
- At the moment that all students need to be invited (so the students receive an e-mail), click Send invitations. Now the students are invited, the comment behind the names will change in (invited), this will change when the students have accepted the invitation.
*Adding this data is optional
- When you have added a list of students to your course, you can start creating assignments.