Instead of creating an all-new class, classes can be imported as well from a file.
- Choose Import classes in the classes menu of a school.
- Now, a pop-up will show, in which a file can be uploaded. This file should be either in .csv, .xls or .xlsx format and may contain a maximum of 6 columns. The .CSV file should contain at least three columns: a class name, student number and an email.
- After uploading the file, the pop-up will contain all data from the uploaded file. Now rows can be deleted, the data can be edited, and the headers of the columns should be chosen. Set the headers to the correct fields and check the box Send email when all users from the file should be invited to Ans immediately. If you want to do this later on, do not check the box. Now click Import.
- All students will now be imported into the Ans platform, but will not yet receive an invitation when the checkbox Send email was not checked. This is indicated by light grey name and mail-addresses and the note (not invited), behind the names. You can now either wait until all students should be invited, or send the invitations directly by clicking Send invitations.
- At the moment that all students need to be invited (so the students receive an e-mail), click Send invitations. Now the students are invited, the comment behind the names will change in (invited), this will change when the students have accepted the invitation.
- When you have imported a class, you can add this to a course.