Once a question bank assignment is created, the next step is to copy the assignment to a course. Since students are linked to a course and not to a question bank, this action is necessary to make the assignment available for planning. After copying the assignment to your course, you will be able to schedule the assignment, adjust the settings and perform a last check to make sure the assignment is ready to be taken.
Copying the assignment to your course will make it possible to edit the assignment from within your course. However, the assignment is linked to your question bank. This means that you will be able to synchronise the exercises from the assignment to your question bank and vice versa when you make any adjustments. You will also be able to see the insights for each exercise that was used within an assignment.
Copy a question bank assignment to a course
Before you copy the question bank assignment to your course, you can first choose the assignment type. For example, a paper based assignment or a digital test. This is done via the assignment type option in the question bank assignment settings. If Ans detects that you are using a question type that is not suitable for the selected type, a warning will be shown, informing you of the questions that are not suitable. You can choose to ignore this message and Ans will try to convert the questions as best as possible.
To set the assignment type for a question bank assignment and then copy it to a course, follow the steps below:
- Click domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click folder Question banks in the menu at the top.
- Click on your question bank or use the search bar.
- Click on assignment Question bank assignments in the menu at the top.
- Click on the assignment you want to copy to a course.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Select an Assignment type from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the Actions-section and click Plan.
- Select the course you want to copy the assignment to and click Save.