After the written assignment has been taken, the assignment will need to be scanned and uploaded back into Ans before the results of the students can be reviewed. Below are a few tips to scan the assignment efficiently.
- Cut off all corners of assignments containing staples.
- The scans should at least have a resolution of 300 dpi.
- The scans should be either .JPEG or .PDF format.
- Scan in colour.
- Select the 'double input detection'-function on the scanner. This way, the scanner will not forget any pages by scanning two pages at the same time.
- Scan across the width of the assignment. This way the scanner is faster.
- Select the 'staple detection'-function on the scanner to detect any staples that have not yet been removed.
- We can recommend using a Canon imageFORMULA DR series scanner.
After you have scanned your written assignment, you can start uploading the scans back into Ans. We would recommend checking the completion of pages before you start uploading. This can easily be done by opening the folder in which all scans are saved and making sure to set the icons to 'big' so it is visible what the images look like. The next step would be to check if the first page of every assignment is always the first image. If not, some pages will be missing and need to be scanned before being uploaded in Ans.
To upload your scans, follow the steps below.
- Click domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click print Print & scan in the menu at the top.
- Click the tab Scan at the top.
- Click New upload and upload your files.
After uploading the assignment, you may encounter upload errors. Find out how to fix the upload errors.