Exercises can be put into questionbanks in different ways. An exercise can be created from zero in a questionbank, an existing exercise from an assignment can be stored in a questionbank, or an exercise can be imported into a questionbank.
How to create an exercise in questionbank
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Questionbanks in the menu on the left.
- Select the questionbank you want to make a new exercise for and click the Big red plus at the bottom right.
- Fill in a name and click Create.
- Create the exercise. Read here how to create an exercise.
While creating or reviewing an exercise, multiple iterations can be made to optimise the exercise. At this moment the so-called 'version manager' can come in handy. The version manager can be found in the tab Versions on the right side of the screen when you are editing. The version manager does not automatically save versions except for the first version, which is created before any content or question is added to the exercise. To create a version, click Create version in the tab Versions. Directly, a block containing your latest version will appear. Now you can switch versions at any time you wish. When you leave the page after making changes, the changes will be saved automatically in the latest version.
Find out which assignments are using the exercise
On the right side of an exercise in a questionbank you can find in which assignments the exercise is used.
- When you have created exercises, you can import them while making an assignment.