Exercises can be put into itembanks in different ways. An exercise can be created from zero in an itembank, an existing exercise from an assignment can be stored in an itembank, or an exercise can be imported into an itembank.
How to create an exercise in itembanks
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Itembanks in the menu on the left.
- Select the itembank you want to make a new exercise for and click the Big red plus at the bottom right.
- Fill in a name and click Create.
- Create the exercise. Read here how to create an exercise.
While creating or reviewing an exercise, multiple iterations can be made to optimise the exercise. At this moment the so-called 'version manager' can come in handy. The version manager can be found in the tab Versions on the right side of the screen when you are editing. The version manager does not automatically save versions except for the first version, which is created before any content or question is added to the exercise. To create a version, click Create version in the tab Versions. Directly, a block containing your latest version will appear. Now you can switch versions at any time you wish. When you leave the page after making changes, the changes will be saved automatically in the latest version.
Find out which assignments are using the exercise
On the right side of an exercise in an itembank you can find in which assignments the exercise is used.
- When you have created exercises, you can import them while making an assignment.