A group can be used for different purposes. You can create your own group by following the steps below.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on Members in the menu at the top and click Groups in the switch at the top left.
- Click New group and fill in a group name.
- Click Save.
Click on the group you want to adjust the settings of and then click Group settings to visit the settings page. On this page you can change the name of the group. You will also see two other options:
- Student can join or leave
If this option is enabled students can join or leave the group by themselves.
- This group can start or hand in a group assignment
If this option is enabled students can participate with the group in group assignments. A student can only be in one group with this option enabled.