error_outline This option is available through beta features, read more about beta features here.
A drawing question is used to allow students to draw or sketch their answer during a digital test. You can also upload a background image for students to draw on.
How to create a drawing question
- Create an assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a title and click Save.
- Click New question, select Drawing question and click Save.
- Fill in the question description.
- Click Upload background image to upload your image. Using a background image is optional. You can upload a JPEG or PNG file.
- Click the more_vert-icon at the top of the question and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for an drawing question:
This marks the question as a bonus question.
This question will not be taken into account for the grades of exempt students.
- Partial Scoring
Students will receive points when their answer is partly correct. For example, if the total number of points they can receive for a question is 2 and their answer is 50% correct, they will still receive 1 point. Without this option, they can only receive 0 or the maximum number of points.
How to add a grading scheme to a drawing question
- Click Grading scheme in the menu at the top.
- Go to the question for which you want to set the grading scheme.
- Click the more_horiz-icon and click Edit.
- Click the drop-down button Grading method and choose your method. Read more about Grading methods here.
- Click the more_vert-icon and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for grading:
- Grading description
A solution for the reviewers (and for students when published). The grading description can be an extensive elaboration, an image, or a file.
- Start with zero points (For the points-grading method only)
Select this option to allow all students to start with zero points before grading.
- Limit minimum to zero points (For the points-grading method only)
Select this option to allow all students to receive no negative points for this question.
- Limit maximum to total points (For the points-grading method only)
Select this option to allow all students to receive a maximum amount of points of the total amount of points for this question.