When an online test is to be taken in a lecture room and a student has forgotten his or her password, the instructor is able to create a one time password for this student, so he can log in without having to get into his mailbox. This may be useful if the online test is to be made in a room with secure internet access, so the computers the students are using are programmed to only be able to connect to the Ans platform for example and no other websites. This is for example the case when Safe Exam Browser is used, about which more can be read here.
How does this work?
- Go to the tab Users in the course of the assignment.
- Find the student that has to receive a one time password, and click the three dots on the right of this student. The following drop-down menu will appear:
- Click Generate one time password, and a pop-up will appear.
- Click Generate to generate the password if you are sure this is the right person. In the pop-up, the one time password will now appear.
- NOTE: The password will only be valid for 15 minutes after the password is generated!
- The student will receive an e-mail containing this password, but the instructor could also pass this password on to the student directly if the student is in the same room.
- If the wrong student was selected, the password can be made invalid right away by clicking revoke password.