In the Ans platform it is possible to create departments and select operators for this department. This may be useful for your school, but is optional when using Ans.
Set up a department
- Go to the tab Departments in the menu of your school.
- Click the red plus in the bottom right corner to add a department and a pop-up will appear.
- Fill in the department and an abbreviation for this department and click ADD.
- Now a department is created but has yet no studies or operators assigned to it. An operator assigned to a department can only see courses of the studies in this department. To select one or more operators, click +ASSIGN OPERATORS and choose from the list of operators. Only users that already have the role of operator can be selected here.
- To add studies to the department, click +ADD STUDY. In the pop-up, type the name of the study and click ADD. The department will look like the example below.
- When creating a course, do not forget to select the right study, so the operator of a department has access to the course.