If students are entitled to extra time during a digital test, it is recommended to first create a group for students with the right to extra time. A specific time can then be set for this group and a default time can be set for all other students.
If enabled by an administrator, a student can be given the right to extra time for all assignments within your course. In that case, you won't have to create a group for but rather the platform does this for you automatically.
To allow certain students extra time, follow the steps below.
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click label_important Courses in the menu at the top.
- Select your course or use the search bar.
- Click group Members in the menu at the top
- Click Groups in the menu at the top.
- Click New group and fill in a name. For example 'Extra Time' and then click Save.
- Click Add learners.
- Select the student you want to add to this group and click Add.
- Select your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Dates and times in the menu on the left.
- Click New timeslot and select the group in the drop-down button.
- Fill in the original start-time and extended end-time.
- Click Save and the students in that group will get extra time during the test.