If students are entitled to extra time during a digital test, it is recommended to create a group for students with the right to extra time. A specific timeslot can then be created for this group separate from the default timeslot for all other students.
If enabled by an administrator, a student can also be given the right to extra time for all assignments within your course. In that case, you wil not need to manually create a separate group. This group is created automatically by Ans.
To allow certain students extra time, follow the steps below.
- Click the domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click label_important Courses in the menu at the top.
- Select your course or use the search bar.
- Click group Members in the menu at the top
- Click Groups in the menu at the top.
- Click New group and fill in a name. For example 'Extra Time' and then click Save.
- Click Add learners.
- Select the student you want to add to this group and click Add.
- Navigate back to your assignment by clicking the assignment Assignment tab and then clicking your assignment.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Timeslots in the menu on the left.
- Click New timeslot.
- Click the dropdown menu and select the extra time group.
- Fill in the Start time* and Deadline*. You can make use of the date-time input field
or the date-time pickers.
- Optionally, check the box Set time limit and fill in the amount of minutes.
- Click Save.