You can add an extra layer of security to your Ans account by turning on two-factor authentication (2FA). When you log in, you also need to verify your access via your phone. This means that even if your password is compromised or stolen, only you can log in to your account.
Here’s how it works:
- Every time you log in to Ans, you’ll be asked to enter a verification code along with your password.
- You’ll receive a verification code from an authentication app on your mobile phone.
- Enter the code in Ans and you’re done — you’ll be logged in to Ans, but with added peace of mind.
Get started with two-factor authentication
- Download and install an authentication app
Before you can set up 2FA on your account, you need to download and install an authentication app on your device. Ans 2FA can be used with most Time-Based, One-Time Password (TOTP) applications. Here are a few options:
- Enable two-factor authentication in Ans
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click the account_circle-icon at the top right.
- Click Settings.
- Go to the Two-factor authentication-section.
- Click Enable.
- Add a new account in one of the authentication apps
- (In most apps) Click the add_circle-icon.
- Scan the QR code by using your device's camera. If you prefer, you can choose to enter the code by hand.
- Configure 2FA on Ans
- On Ans's 2FA configuration page, enter the 6-digit verification code that your authentication app generates.
- Click Enable.
That's it! From now on, when you log in to Ans, just open your authentication app and enter a code along with your password.
Locked out? If you don't have access to 2FA codes, contact support via email@example.com to reset 2FA for your account.