To verify whether all the students were actually enrolled in the course and did not fill in a wrong student number, a function exists to verify the student numbers. This function is only usable for handwritten exams and online tests.
Uploading enrolled students
When in the window of an assignment, choose 'results' from the menu. In this window, a block with the header 'Verify students' is shown. By clicking 'verify', an Excel file containing student numbers of all the students enrolled in this course or expected to have made the exam can be uploaded. The format of the Excel file is not important.
After uploading a text in the 'Verify students' block will appear. The text indicates how many enrolled, verified and unenrolled students there are.
- Enrolled students: The number of student numbers in the uploaded file.
- Verified students: The number of enrolled students that match a student number in the list of students that made the exam.
- Unenrolled students: The number of students that made the exam, but are not verified as an enrolled student.
For example in the screenshot below, 3 student numbers are uploaded, but none match a student that made the exam. The red icon in front of each name indicates the student is not verified.
The 'Verify students' block also contains now three buttons.
- Add more: Click here to add more enrolled students by uploading an Excel file.
- Remove all: click here to remove all enrolled students.
- Fix: Click here to view all unenrolled students front page of the exam to manually change the student number in the Ans platform.
Fixing the unenrolled students
After clicking 'fix' in the 'Verify students' block, the following pop-up appears. As seen in the example below, the student accidentally filled the box for a 7, while his number was an 8. You can now manually change the student number and click 'confirm' to save the new student number belonging to this exam. After clicking 'confirm', automatically the next exam will appear.