To add a new user to a course, first determine what rights the user should have. Every type of user, so an instructor, invigilator, reviewer or student can be added by inviting existing Ans users, or by inviting a new user. Students can also be imported to invite a list of students at once or a by adding a class to the course.
NOTE: When the name of a user is not shown, the user probably has not logged in for the first time yet.
Add a new instructor, invigilator, reviewer or student
- Determine if the new user is an instructor, invigilator or a reviewer or student
- Click the right button, so Add instructors, Add invigilator, Add reviewers, or Add students.
- Now, a pop-up will appear. In this pop-up you can select users who already have an Ans account. Multiple persons can be selected at once and by clicking Add, they will be added to the course. When you want to add a new user without an Ans account, click the blue text above.
- After clicking the blue text to invite a user without an Ans account, the following pop-up appears. In this pop-up, the name and e-mail address of the new user can be filled in. Click Invite to send the invitation.
Invite a list of students
Because, when creating a course, a lot of students have to be added, the option exists to invite a list of students at once. This can be done by clicking Import users above the list of students. A pop-up appears in which a .CSV, .XLS, or .XLSX file can be dropped. Information on how the file should be organized can be found in the pop-up. Click import to import all the users in the file.
- Create a .CSV, .XLS, or .XLSX file that consists of a maximum of 5 columns containing a last name*, middle name*, first name*, e-mail address and a student number. The order of the columns is not important.
- Click Import users above the list of students.
- Click Browse for a file and select the file, or drag and drop the file into the pop-up.
- Make sure that all rows consist of data and that there are no headers left. You can remove rows by clicking on the cross at the end of the row.
- Set the headers to the correct fields and check the box Send invitations when all users from the file should be invited to Ans immediately. If you want to do this later on, do not check the box. Now click IMPORT USERS.
- You can see the progress of the importing of students on the list.
- When the students are imported, but not yet invited to Ans, they can be invited later on.This is indicated by light grey name and mail-addresses and the note (not invited), behind the names as can be seen in the image below. You can now either wait until all students should be invited, or send the invitations directly by clicking Send invitations.
At the moment that all students need to be invited (so the students receive an e-mail), click Send invitations. Now the students are invited, the comment behind the names will change in (invited), this will change when the students have accepted the invitation. This is shown in the image below.
*Adding this data is optional
Add a class of students to a course
When your school contains classes in the Ans platform, these can be added to a course at once. Read here how to create classes.
- Click Add class.
- A pop-up appears in which all classes of your school are displayed. Click create class in the left bottom corner to create a new class if the one you search for is not yet there.
- Select one or multiple classes and click ADD to add all students of this class to your course.
Delete a user of a course
When a user should not be in a course anymore, the user can be deleted. For this, go to the user and click the button with three vertical dots on the right. In the drop-down menu, choose Delete to delete the user.