This article covers three different operations on assignments:
- Copying an assignment
- Moving an assignment
- Deleting an assignment
Copy an assignment
- Go to your assignment feed or go to a course and click Assignments.
- Click the red plus in the right bottom corner of the screen.
- Next, choose Copy.
- Select the course where the new (copied) assignment should be located
- Next, select the assignment that should be copied.
- Next, choose the title, description, review method, and availability.
Move an assignment
When an assignment after creating the assignment, is not in the right course, the assignment can be moved from one course to another. This is only possible if the assignment is not yet in use, so no forms are generated for a handwritten exam, or the assignment is not open yet for students for an online assignment. Also, an instructor should be an instructor of the course the assignment is in, as well as of the course the assignment is moved to, to be able to move the assignment.
- Go to the tab Assignments in a course. Here an overview is given of all assignments in the course.
- Find the assignment that should be moved, and click the three dots in the top right of the bar of the assignment.
- In the drop-down menu, choose Move. The following window will pop-up.
- In this window, choose the right course in the drop-down menu and click MOVE ASSIGNMENT. The assignment is now moved to the other course.
Delete an assignment
- Visit the about page of the assignment (click About in the menu of an assignment). Click DELETE in the tab NAME on the About page.
- Go to the overview of assignments in a course and click the three dots-icon in the top right of the assignment which you want to delete. When in the drop-down menu, click DELETE in this drop-down menu.
- The assignment will be placed in the trash bin now. This trash bin is found on the bottom of the list of assignments.
- The assignment will be trashed for 30 days before deleted permanently. If you accidentally deleted your assignment, click RESTORE and the assignment will be active as it was before deleting.
- All trashed assignments can be deleted permanently as well. To do so, click Delete all assignments now.
Who can delete an assignment?