The ultimate goal of an itembank is to have access to numerous exercises in a certain field of expertise, which all are tested by colleague's and are part of an objective so you can create an assignment or an exam which will match to the study goals of your course.
What is an itembank?
To reach this goal, you can create, store, share, test, label and reuse exercises in an itembank. Also in an itembank, assignments or exams can be made using blueprints which match the study goals of the course. In an itembank you can work together with colleagues (even from different schools) to create exercises and test exercises.
Itembanks are useful to:
- Match the exercises to create an exam in line with the study goals of a course.
- Optimise exercises by letting colleague's comment and use them.
- Learn from instructors of other schools by reviewing each other's exercises.
- Faster compose an exam by (re)using existing exercises.
How do I start?
An itembank can be created by clicking Itembanks in the menu bar in the left side of the screen. Next, click the red plus in the right bottom corner and fill in the name of the itembank. Click CREATE and a new itembank is created. This will look like the image below.
- Exercises: In this tab all exercises in this itembank can be found. Also exercises can be created, modified or commented. More about exercises is to be found in this article.
- Assignments: In this tab assignments are stored and new assignments can be composed of exercises from the itembank. More information about assignments in itembanks can be found in this article.
- Objectives: In this tab objectives are stored and new objectives can be created so exercises can be linked to that objective. More information about objectives can be found in the article about assignments.
- Blueprints: In this tab blueprints are stored and new blueprints can be created so they can be selected when creating an assignment. More information about blueprints can be found in the article about assignments.
Tip! Use the preview button
When selecting multiple exercises to add them to an assignment or to remove them, use the preview button VIEW on the right of the exercise to quickly see if you are selecting the right exercises. This could save a lot of time!
Also, a preview button can be found when in a exercise to for example edit the exercise, as can be seen in the top right corner in the image below.