When grading work has been finished, you have the possibility to share the reviewed work with the students, and let your students learn from their work. If the assignment of a student is not yet graded, this student will not have access to the reviewed assignment or other possibilities given to the students when the results are published. If you wish to publish the results of most students but not all, read disapprove results.
Publish the results
In the 'Results' page of an assignment, a box is shown with the header 'Publish results'. When clicking the blue text 'SET UP PUBLICATION', a pop-up will show as seen in the image below, giving you some options:
- Show mark allows the student to see their grade.
- Show letter grade allows the student to see the letter grade belonging to its grade. This option is only shown when letter grades are used. Read this article on how to use letter grades.
- Show exam, result, and questions allow the student to see their exam (or online test) and the results per question. This gives the student insight into how many points they scored at each question. Also, the comments, markings and other remarks written by the reviewer are visible.
- Show criteria allows the student to see what each question is graded on by seeing the criteria per question.
- Show grading description and solution image allows the student to see the grading descriptions and images of the solutions. This means the student can see the exact answer to the questions is provided by the instructor.
- Show objectives allows the student to see the learning objectives if these are used by the instructor.
- Students can see the average score per objective allows the student to see the average score of all students combined per objective.
Next, the availability of the publication can be set. Choose 'Directly' to publish right after pressing 'publish' on the bottom of the pop-up or 'Specific time window' to choose a start of the publication. The end date of the publication always needs to be chosen.
Next, restricted access can be given by setting a password. This password is necessary for the students to look into their exam. The password can be chosen, but a suggestion is given.
Also, the availability of asking questions can be set. First, the options of the student can be set:
- The checkbox allows the students to ask a question about the published work. When checking this box, students have the right to ask about their work or the way of grading.
Setting the availability of asking questions works the same way as with the availability of the publication. When the work is published, a box can be seen on the 'Results' page, saying that the work has been published. The chosen options, as discussed before, are shown. The publication can be revoked if changes have to be made in the options or if the results should not be published anymore.
A choice can be made to not show all students their reviewed work. This can be done by disapproving the results of the students that should not be able to see their work after publishing the results. This is achieved by selecting the students in question in the menu Results, and clicking DISAPPROVE RESULTS in the bar that appears after selecting a student. When now the results are published, this student will not be able to see its results. When after publishing, the result is approved, the results will be shown to the student automatically, no steps need to be taken to achieve this.
Revoke or edit results
After publication, it may happen that things have changed or you just do not want the students to be unable to see the results anymore. This is possible by revoking the results. If something has to be changed, but the students may still be able to see the results, edit can be used.
In the image above, it can be seen that the results are published. In the block 'publish results', the buttons REVOKE and EDIT are shown. Choose revoke to instantly unpublish the results. Choose edit, to go back to the 'publish results'-settings pop-up, as shown in the first image of this article, to change the settings of the publication.