Within Ans, teachers can create questions. Each question type has their own specific properties. You can find more information on each question type here.
|Handwritten assignment||Digital test|
|Fill in the gaps||No||Yes|
|Free formatted question||Yes||No|
Some properties of a question are the same for each question type. You can find these below.
- Rich content editor
Each question in Ans has the rich content editor to format the text and to add additional information to the question. The options are mentioned below.
- You can use HTML to format the text
- It’s possible to make text bold, italic or to underline text
- You can format the size of the text with the carriage sign (¶)
- It’s possible to insert tables, URLs, images and files. It’s possible to add lists (with enumeration or with dots).
- You can give parts of a text a specific color.
- You can insert equations or variables.
- With the microphone button you can record audio which will be embedded in the question directly.
For each question, you need to define the maximum amount of points a student can earn for the question. For some question types you have additional options for points.
- General question options
Each question has extra options which can be enabled. The standard options for each question are mentioned below. You can find these options when you click on the three dots in the top right corner of the question.
- You can change the question type with one click on a button.
- It’s possible to define a question as a ‘bonus’ question which means a wrong answer won’t influence the grade.
- It’s possible to make questions skippable for students that are authorized to skip specific questions (for example when they have special needs).
- You have three options that can influence the amount of points. By default, all three options are turned on. You can determine whether or not the system should start with 0 points and you can limit both the minimum and maximum amount of points a student can score.