After creating a written assignment, it is possible to convert the written assignment into a digital test. Converting the written assignment into a digital test might be useful in case a student needs to take the test remotely. When converting a written assignment into a digital test, a copy is made of the written assignment. Both assignments will stay available in the assignment overview after converting.
To convert a written assignment into a digital test, follow the steps below.
- Click domain School name in the menu on the left.
- Click label_important Courses in the menu at the top.
- Select your course or use the search bar.
- Select your written assignment or use the search bar.
- Click settings Settings in the menu at the top.
- Go to the Actions section.
- Next to Convert assignment, click Convert and the written assignment will be converted automatically into a digital test.
It's important to note that some questions are converted to a different question type. Refer to the table below:
|Written assignment||Digital test|
|Free formatted question||Open|
|Image||Open or drawing if enabled|
|Multiple choice||Multiple choice|
|Open question with final answer||Open|
error_outline If there's LaTeX present in your written assignment, you will need to remove the newlines (enters) around the LaTeX after the assignment has been converted.
lightbulb_outline You can also convert a digital test into a written assignment.