After creating a digital test, you have the option to convert it into a written assignment.
To convert your digital test into a written assignment, follow the steps below.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Go to the Actions-section.
- Next to Convert assignment, click Convert and the digital test will be converted automatically into a written assignment.
Please keep in mind, that variables can not be used in written assignments. You need to change the variables to specific values.
If Ans detects that you are using a question type that is not suitable for administration on paper, a warning will be shown, informing you of the question that are not suitable for paper usage. You can choose to ignore this message and Ans will try to convert the question as best as possible. In the table below you will see how the different question types are converted from digital to the written version.
|Digital test||Written assignment|
|Open question||Open question with lines|
|Multiple choice||Multiple choice|
|Code editor||Open question with lines|
|File upload||Open question as blank box|
|Fill in the gaps||Free formatted question|
|Match||Free formatted question|
|Mathematical equation||Open question with lines|
|Numerical question||Open question with lines|
|Order||Free formatted question|
lightbulb_outline You can also convert a written assignment into digital test.