Before you start your digital test in Ans, be sure that you are using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.
Often, you will need to conduct your digital test using the following Proctoring software or lock down browsers. This may include:
It may be that certain requirements and restrictions are enabled in order to start your test. This may include:
Restrict assignment access locations
If this restriction option is enabled, you need to connect from the designated location in order to access the digital test. This may be a certain building or examination hall at your school.
Once you have clicked on your digital test, you will first need to fill in a password to access the assignment. This password should be provided to you by your teacher before starting your test.
To take a digital test in Ans, follow the steps below
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click on your course or use the search bar.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click on the digital test. You will be redirected to the start page of your test.
- Click Start to begin.
Navigation in the digital test
- Click the arrow_back-icon or arrow_forward-icon to navigate through the questions.
- Click on the Question number at the bottom to go directly to this specific question.
- Click the Questions button to go to the overview of all the questions in the test. Here you can click on a Question number to go directly to that specific question.
- When you have answered all the questions, click the Exit button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- A pop-up appears with the Back and Submit buttons.
- Click Back if you want to return to the test. Click Submit when you are ready to submit the exam.
Utilities in the digital test
During your test you could have the option to use the following utilities:
Allows you to ask question during a digital test.
Code can be executed during a digital test. The following programming languages are supported: Haskell, Python, R, Ruby and Swift.
Allows you to make digital notes during a digital test.
Allows you to use spell checking during a digital test.
Allows you to use the built-in calculator during a digital test. There is the option for a basic or a scientific calculator.
Allows you to receive feedback during a digital test.
These utilities are only visible when your teacher enabled them before the start of the test.
Answering multiple choice questions
You can answer a multiple choice question by selecting the radio button of the correct answer. When answering a multiple choice question, you can also strike through the answer alternatives that you believe are incorrect. You can do this by clicking on the alternative.
Important: using strikethrough is only for your own reference. Your teacher will not see the crossed out alternatives and the multiple choice question cannot be reviewed until an answer is selected. A warning is displayed when an answer has not yet been selected.
If the instructor has included attachments in the digital test, you can view the attachments along with your exercises. The attachment can be displayed in full screen or split screen mode. You can read more about displaying attachments here.
Click the more_vert-icon at the top-right and click Settings. Select the settings you want to make use of and click Close. You can select the following preferences:
- Use large font
- Use dyslexia mode
- Use high contrast mode
- Show remaining time
- Notify when 15 minutes are left
- Click the exit_to_app-icon in the bottom left corner of the page.
- A new page will open. Check the box Confirm to submit the digital test.
- Click Submit. Alternatively, click the more_vert-icon at the top-right and click Submit.
Once your test has been reviewed and the results have been published, you can view your result.