Your university can make the choice to use Proctorio to create a safe exam environment. This article explains how you can set up your computer to use Proctorio.
How to make a test using Proctorio
- Visit this webpage and install the Proctorio extension.
- Sign in to Ans.
- Click Courses in the menu on the left, a list of courses you participate in is displayed.
- Click on your course, a list of assignments in this course is displayed.
- Click on the digital test and you will be redirected to the start-page of this test.
- The availability of the test is given. When the checkmark is checked, it is possible to start the test.
- Click Start Proctorio session and a Proctorio-page will be opened. Read the instructions and Start your digital test.
- Navigation in the digital test:
- Click Next to go to the next question.
- Click on the (sub-)question number (for example 1b) at the bottom to go directly to this specific question.
- Click on the Exercise-button (for example 1/4) to go to the overview of all the exercises from the test.
- Click on the Exercise-button (for example 1/4) or click Exit test, the exercise overview will be displayed:
- Click on the (sub-)question number (for example 1b) to go directly to this specific question.
- Click Submit exam if you are finished and want to submit your test.
- Click Continue later if you want to save your answers and exit the test, you can resume later.
- Click Close to close this window.
- Click Test settings to set your preferences for a digital test. You can set the following options:
- Font size: small, medium, or large.
- Enable high contrast mode: the test will be black with yellow text.
- Show remaining time.
- Give a notification as soon as I have 15 minutes.
- When you have chosen to Continue later, you will be redirected to the start page of the test. Here you can:
- submit the test.
- resume the test.
warning Note: Sometimes the following warning will be shown before starting the exam. Mostly, this will not result in a crash of the test.
Warning: Although your computer has enough RAM installed, only 0.65GB is available at this moment. This is at or below the minimum requirement of 2GB. We recommend restarting your computer or closing other problems before proceeding.
By continuing, you acknowledge that your exam is likely to crash. Your exam administrator will be notified you skipped this warning.