In a hotspot match question, the students have to drag and drop multiple markers in the right position. This area can be created by making use of rectangles, circles, and polygons.
How to create a hotspot match question?
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a title and click Save.
- Click New subquestion and select Hotspot match.
- Fill in the question description and Upload an image.
- Click the more_vert-icon at the top of the question and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for a hotspot match question:
- Bonus: this marks the question as a bonus question.
- Skippable for special students: this question will not be taken into account for the grades of special students.
How to review a hotspot match question?
- Click Grading scheme in the menu at the top.
- Go tothe question for which you want to set the grading scheme
- Click the more_horiz-icon and click Edit.
- It is optional to fill in feedback that will be shown when the results are published for:
- completely correct answers.
- not completely correct answers.
- incorrect answers.
- Select a figure-type, select a colour, fill in a name, set the number of points and click in the figure twice. Two dots will appear and create the selected figure. Drag and drop the dots in the position to create the answer field.
- Click Done editing or Add an area for another marker and answer field.
- You can use the Calculate points-button to calculate the maximum points. The points of all the answer options will be summed up automatically.
Or You can manually set the maximum number of points.
- Click the more_vert-icon and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for grading:
- Use product rule: when you use the product rule for grading, select the correct answer options.
- Include grading description: a solution for the reviewers (and for students when published). The grading description can be an extensive elaboration, an image, or a file.
- Start with zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student start with zero points before grading.
- Limit minimum to zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get no negative points for this question.
- Limit maximum to total points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get a maximum amount of points of the total amount of points for this question.
Note: This question will be graded automatically and therefore it is not possible to change the score of a specific student. You can only change the points from the question.